The Microsite can be deployed in a number of different ways as described in this article.
Standalone Progressive Microsite (PWA)
In this deployment scenario, the Loyalty Microsite is deployed as a standalone microsite. In this setup the microsite is designed to be made available from a URL of the clients choice (e.g. rewards.domainname.com).
- Users can 'Add to Home Screen' on mobile devices, effectively running the microsite as if it were a native app.
- The interface of the microsite will scale based on the sized of the screen upon which it is being viewed.
- In Standalone PWA mode, users can be authenticated using a WLL provided user authentication solution, or it is also possible to configure SSO using SAML or OIDC, or potentially directly proxy a pre-existing user account system.
Embedded Within Website
In this deployment scenario, the Microsite is deployed within a "iframe" within a page on an existing webpage. In this setup users would access the Microsite by navigating to the page in which the Microsite is embedded.
- In Embedded Within Website mode, the parent webpage is responsible for dictating which user is logged in.
Embedded Within Mobile App
In this deployment scenario, the Microsite is deployed within a "web view" within an existing native mobile app. In this setup users would access the Microsite by opening the native mobile app in which the Microsite is embedded and navigating to the view which shows the Microsite.
- In Embedded Within Mobile App mode, the parent native app is responsible for dictating which user is logged in.